Friday, October 5, 2012

The First Time(s)

I've been out to dinner in LA dozens of times. Last night, was the first time I've been out in LA and I wasn't on vacation. It was a fantastic restaurant, Yamashiro, nestled up on a Hollywood hill. Pumpkin chose it. Great choice, Pumpkin! Sweet little bar, unbelievably delicious food, wonderful service, and the view, holy cow, the view is incredible. Our waiter was filling us in on the place and its happenings and mentioned the Pagoda Bar and Farmer's Market were closed for the, get this - winter season - they're so adorable here. And, that's when it hit me...I get to go back there in the spring. Or next week even! I'm not on vacation. I live here. Wow! I haven't quite wrapped my head around that yet.

Today, I'm heading to my friend, Vida's, pool party at her home in Palm Springs. Yep, if you live in Palm Springs, you get to have a pool party in October! First time in Palm Springs.

Life is full of firsts. Not all of them good ones, but keep an eye out for them anyway. Even if just to say to yourself, "hey, that was new. cool". Seconds and thirds and fourths are good too of course, but there's just something about a first, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment