Saturday, October 20, 2012

Motel...Yes No

Found myself a little slice of the Big Apple right in downtown LA this afternoon. Pumpkin and I and my canine pal hit up the bi-annual Artwalk at The Brewery Artist Lofts in Lincoln Heights. Really exceptionally cool place, and the Artwalk was a blast, and packed! So much fun wandering in and out of the different studios, everything from hand-painted silk scarves (if I was currently employed, I might own one of those right now) to Steampunk sculpture and rock iconography paintings (would definitely own one of those), and from photography and jewelry to cooking classes. The whole vibe of the event, not to mention the lofts themselves, are so reminiscent of New York City, it made me nostalgic for the eleven years I spent there. So, it was quite the coincidence I got an email with a photo today from my two bff's, K and Bec, who are enjoying themselves a little NYC getaway this weekend. I miss New York. And I miss my girls!

So, here's the plan: rent a loft in The Brewery, which allows me the luxury to spend my time writing some things, and I don't know making cigar box guitars, or taking some photos, or building things with power tools, and then sell these things to pay for the loft in The Brewery which then allows me the luxury to spend my time doing all those things some more. It's a good plan, right?

Out to the universe it goes. Motel...Yes!

artwork by Robert Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment