Thursday, October 4, 2012

In the Eye of the Beholder

Got lots of "moving in" stuff done yesterday. Spent most of the day bed shopping and eventually bed buying. Not the one I wanted, but it'll do just fine. My shoe boxes fit under it, so it's got that going for it. The one thing that makes any place feel like a home to me though is hanging art. I think I could have moved to Cali with only my clothes, shoes, and art, and been perfectly happy. I guess there are probably a couple things I "need" in a couple of the other boxes, but honestly, I could also probably live without them. I mean I still have unpacked boxes in my Mom's attic from my move back to Baltimore from NYC in 1995!

Getting art on the walls though, it's just a great feeling. My friend, Pumpkin, is a tiny bit homeless right now, but just found himself a cool little spot to call his own for the next couple of months, and he was making yet another trip to his storage unit to pick up of all things, art. It's just not your home if your paintings, and prints, and drawings, and sculptures, and rocks aren't right there in front of you to gaze at and enjoy any time you feel like it.

I had a good night's sleep in my new bed. The LA heatwave has broken and we're back to the typically beautiful 72 degree weather. When I woke up this morning, my art was right there waiting for me. And tonight, I get to take Pumpkin, one of my most favorite people in the entire world, out to dinner for his birthday. In Hollywood. And I'm not on vacation. I think I'll run out right now and buy some fresh cut flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment