Friday, October 12, 2012

"Did You Bring This Rain With You?"

A stranger asked me that this afternoon. I'm kind of beginning to wonder. Turns out, it actually does rain in southern California. At least it did today. Really hard too and for a while. I was out in it and it wasn't so bad. Until my phone went off like a champ with an "EMERGENCY WARNING - FLASH FLOOD ALERT" that scared the crap out of me. The actual warning was enough to get my heart pumping, but the noise my phone made -- it was alarming. And yes, I know that's the point, but jeez. I texted calm friend and Pumpkin, just to see if this was something I should take seriously. Or not. I mean, what do I know? I've only been here thirteen days and I'm told it only rains three days a year. It could be bad, right? Things could flood. There was an alert, after all!


The calm one responded right away. With a joke.


Pumpkin texted me back not to worry. An hour later.


I'm gonna go with - Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment