Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's One Louder


Went to do yoga in the park yesterday and in the middle of telling us whichever asana he wanted us to bend ourselves into at that moment, the instructor mentioned it was 11:11. My magic number. For as long as I can remember, I’ve noticed that number pretty darn frequently. And for as long as I can remember, I’ve made a wish whenever I see it. Sometimes I feel silly continuing to do so, but I keep doing it anyway. Even yesterday, when Daniel, the comedian yoga instructor said, “…and it’s 11:11, so…” I thought, I wish not to fall out of this pose right now. It worked. That time. It usually doesn’t. But, the less than stellar wishing success to failure ratio doesn’t deter me any more than feeling silly about it does. And the funny thing is, I’m so sincere when I make my wish too. I mean, seriously. Sincere. I mean that wish with all my heart. Sometimes my wishes are super serious like when my brother and sister and dad were sick, I had the same exact wish every time I saw 11:11 for all those years. It didn’t work those times. Sometimes they’re completely trivial, like yesterday. Not surprisingly, the trivial ones have a much higher success rate. I really like my magic number though. It’s sort of a little game the universe and I are playing together. The universe sends that number to me way more often than you can imagine and it makes me smile every single time. I think it’s the universe’s way of reminding me to Stop. Smile. Breath. Wish.

“A mind wishing to benefit other people and other sentient beings is the very basis of peace and happiness.” – Dalai Lama

“The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and…these go to eleven.” – Nigel Tufnel

2 comments:

  1. I used to make the same wish on 11:11 for Mom, Bobby and Pop-pop!
    -Cait

    ReplyDelete