Monday, December 31, 2012

My Ninety-third Day


So, what have a I learned living, working, and playing in and around the city of angels for the past three months? Well, this, for starters:

Not working is better than working.
Getting a paycheck is better than not getting a paycheck.
Not working and getting a paycheck is my goal for 2013.

The desert is better than the city.
The beach is better than the city, too.
The city is pretty great.

Traffic on the surface roads is better than the traffic on the freeways.
The surface road traffic is horrible.
There is no sufficient way to describe the horribleness of the traffic.

I really, really, really love the sunshine.
It never rains in California is a lie.
Even the rain is a little more tolerable here.

It's amazing how much stuff you can live without.
I regret selling and giving away some of my stuff.
I still have too much stuff.

There are some really interesting and cool people out here.
It's never too late in life to make new and amazingly great friendships.
Family comes is lots of different forms.

I miss my family, a lot.
I miss my friends, a lot.
I miss pizza and beer a lot too, but that has nothing to do with moving to LA.

Some people will never cease to disappoint you.
Most people will never cease to surprise and delight you.
People in southern California don't need an excuse to gather to eat and drink and be generally merry.

The holiday season is a bad time to move away from home.
There's probably not a really good time to move away from home.
Adventures are worth it, no matter when or where they take you.






No comments:

Post a Comment