Friday, April 26, 2013

A Single Flop

I keep a pair of flip flops on my back porch, right next to my kitchen door. Correction: I kept a pair of flip flops on my back porch, right next to my kitchen door. It's the wilderness out here in the wide open Mojave Desert, you don't want to be surveying your land in bare feet and you don't want to be tracking all that sand back into your house, so a pair of flip flops by the back door equals perfect solution. Until today. When I went outside this morning to water the trees, I found this:


I can't decide which thought is more disturbing. Something big enough to carry off my right flip was on my porch, just outside my kitchen door, while I carelessly slept. Or, that some poor something is wandering around the desert right now wearing a single flop.

Man, I loved those flip flops too! I've had them forever and they fit just right.

It will take every ounce of energy I have NOT to google "desert serial killer and flip flop thief".


No comments:

Post a Comment